CERTIFICATION & COMPLIANCE EMISSIONS ENGINEER
Department: Certification, Homologation and Compliance
Reports to: Certification, Homologation and Compliance Manager
Location: Troy, Michigan
Job Type: Full-Time
As a Certification & Compliance Engineer you will work in a OEM new product development environment that develops On Road and Off-Road Vehicles from concept to launch. One of the key deliverables of this position is obtaining certification approvals from government staff (for example the U.S. EPA, or the California Air Resources Board). You will interact with cross functional teams to ensure our products meet all applicable emissions and fuel economy regulations.
- Work with vehicle program teams to provide emissions regulatory guidance.
- Work with vehicle teams to address emissions issues
- Define vehicle emissions test groups in support of U.S. & California Certification and EU Homologation
- Manage testing of vehicle programs to address government emissions compliance requirements
- Prepare and submit data addressing emissions and fuel economy requirements to U.S. EPA and the California Air Resources Board.
- Prepare, submit, and maintain the government applications for certification.
- Ensure compliance with applicable EPA & CARB emissions regulations, FE regulations and other application reporting requirements.
- Act as liaison between company and government agencies on emissions certification and FE matters.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Extensive experience with emissions/fuel economy regulations and testing/procedures.
- Demonstrated experience working with various government bodies is preferred.
- Knowledge of vehicle emissions control systems, engine calibrations, and powertrains preferred.
- Established network of homologation test labs, regulatory agents and regulatory body contacts.
- Develop and maintain the respect and trust of government agency employees.
- Research regulatory requirements and effectively negotiate as needed.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills.
- Strong time management, planning, integrity, and teambuilding skills.
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally (up to 10% of the time).
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering or equivalent in experience and exceptional ability.