Paint / Paint Prep Team Member
Location: Rex Boulevard, Auburn Hills, Michigan
Job Type: Full time / Non-exempt
Mahindra North America Automotive is currently seeking qualified candidates for Automotive Paint Technician and Painter Prep for our Auburn Hills plant. We are seeking candidates who have experience working in paint refinish and/or production environments.
- Read and follow work instructions, drawings, diagrams, specifications
- Demonstrate the ability to cooperate with co-workers in areas of safety, quality, production, and maintenance
- Ability to work well in a small team environment
- Assist Lead Paint Technician in prepping vehicles for paint; body, body panels, and misc. parts
- Specific job duties include but are not limited to: prepping panels, masking panels, taping off body panels for paint
- mixing bed liner, spraying bed liner, cut and buff, minimal bodywork, mixing paint, and spraying paint.
- Ensure that all paint operations are complete, all masking is removed and all prior paint-related disassembly has been reassembled prior to moving the vehicle to general assembly
- Aid Painter by prepping vehicles to increase overall shop efficiency.
- Perform quality inspections before paint.
- Coordinating with the Painter on priority jobs and aid and assist as needed. Must be able to multi task.
- Communicate directly with the Painter & Supervisor
- Execute preparations to proper specifications.
- Maintain a clean working environment.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and must be able to walk, bend, push/pull, stoop, kneel, crouch, or reach frequently
- Regularly exposed to fumes, airborne particles, and/or caustic chemicals - requires use of a respirator
- Moderate noise levels in this working environment
- Occasionally exposed to hot, cold, wet or humid conditions
- Perform routine cleaning of equipment, tools, and general housekeeping at and around workstation.
- Daily accountability for safety, quality, production requirements
- Start of shift preventative maintenance activities & end of shift clean up
- Operate all equipment in a safe and efficient manner following prescribed work methods
- Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work area
- Conduct operations in a manner that promotes safety. Comply with OSHA and MSDS Standards
Skills and Qualifications:
- Previous Paint and Paint Prep Experience is preferred
- High School Diploma, or GED required. Associates degree or partial college preferred
- Reading, writing, and communication skills
- Site with ability to distinguish color; perception of sound is required; ability to communicate issues verbally and in written form
- High level of comprehension
- Ability to follow work instructions
- Ability to stand, walk, carry light objects, handle parts, reach with hands and arms, and physical strength to handle up to 50lb object
- Normal dexterity of both hands and all fingers with average repetition
- Attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
- Commitment to continuous improvement activities
- Ability to work well with individuals and teams to ensure the team meets or exceeds expectations
- A positive attitude & pleasant personality; effective memory skills; good hand eye coordination; dependability, ability to follow directions & a strong willingness to learn
Health and Safety Requirements:
- Follow safe work procedures established by the Company; and follow the OH&S directions of the head of your department or supervisor
- Respirators must be worn in prescribed areas and other protective equipment may be required
- Where PPE is required to control exposure to hazards in the workplace, wear and maintain the PPE as directed, as indicated in a risk assessment, or as required in OH&S procedures
- Follows safe work practices
- Perform all necessary Quality and Safety checks on material and production equipment
- Maintains a clean and organized work area
Mahindra is an equal opportunity employer and as such will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability or genetic information. Mahindra further agrees to take affirmative action to ensure equal employment opportunities.